Almost all funding on First Nations’ reserves requires a proposal. These proposals are competitive and so First Nations have to have skilled writers to succeed at proposal writing to get basic infrastructure for their communities. Proposal writing is an important skill to learn. The learning was enriched by having to developed and defend this proposal and receiving meaningful feedback from funders.
See the educational Dragon’s Den presentation by Shirley Thompson.
- Participants’ Proposal Presentation
- Hope for Tomorrow Waste Management Presentation (Little Saskatchewan First Nation)
- Food production through natural resource utilization and knowledge transformation
(Wasagamack First Nation)
- Mino Pimaticiwin Ooza Wasqa-mashkiki- Green Medicine (Norway House)
- Sikoopeeng Inc
- Storms Never Last: Family Drop-in Center (Little Saskatchewan First Nation)
- Innovations in Food System Curriculum: Community based action
(Norway House Cree Nation)
- Feedback from the Judges